Protect your Home with Flood Insurance

RiverFlood insurance provides protection for damage caused by floods. Although it may not seem like much, even a few inches of water can cause thousands of dollars in repair and restoration costs. Homeowners insurance does not cover floods. Buying a flood insurance policy through Sullivan Insurance can protect you.

Different types of policies are available based on your property’s location and flood history:

Standard Flood Insurance Policies

If you live in a community that participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), your building and its contents can be covered by a standard flood insurance policy. The NFIP was established by the Federal Government to help communities who “voluntarily participate in the NFIP by adopting and enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage.” To be considered a flood, the waters must cover at least two acres or affect at least two properties. You must apply for building coverage and contents coverage separately if you choose to invest in a standard policy for flood insurance. Massachusetts, like all other states, is at risk for flooding – you have to be prepared. Sullivan Insurance can help you determine if you should be protected with flood insurance.

ChoatePreferred Risk Flood Insurance Policies

If your home or business is in a low or moderate risk zone, you may qualify for a low-cost preferred risk policy. While you aren’t required to purchase flood insurance in low-to-moderate risk areas, a preferred risk policy will protect your home and its contents if you are affected by a small flood or a larger flood that has extended into your low-risk area. In truth, many flood insurance claims occur in low-to-moderate risk areas.

Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contacting Sullivan Insurance today will get you on the path to an affordable flood insurance policy.